Wednesday, May 7, 2008

one of my favorite drinks


This is one of my favorite drinks. It is grape juice made from pinot noir grapes (the same used for wine) by a winery up near Mendocino. You can buy it here and there are a few restaurants in San Francisco who serve it. It is a delicious treat with a nice dinner, or for celebrations. The flavor is so rich and complex; it is not a juice you can drink glass after glass of. Mmmmm... At a restaurant we recently went to they served it over ice with a lime on the side. It was good. The vineyard also recommends drinking it as a spritzer mixed with sparkling water. I usually drink it as is, at room temperature.

Navarro Vineyards also makes a Gewutstraminer juice which is made from green grapes, and sweet. Since I don't drink wine it is hard to compare and explain the flavors from that point of view, but from what I understand Gewutstraminer is a dessert wine and is described as having flavors of lychee, peach and lime. It is sweeter than the pinot noir.

I only know of one wine store in Berkeley that carries it, if you don't want to buy it online. At the website it is $11 and you get 10% off if you buy a case. Split a case with a friend! Maybe I will go in on one with you... Yum.



1 comments:

Marianna said...

You can come visit me in Berkeley when you pick it up! We love Novarro as well!