Wednesday, May 7, 2008

a match made in heaven


Is there much better than chocolate and peanut butter, together?

As long as I can remember my mom had a friend who make her a dish of these chocolate peanut butter bars every year on her birthday. My mom would hoard them, eat only half a bar at a time, and be very selective as to when and who could have some. They were very decadent (when you see the recipe you'll undertstand why you can't be making these babies any old day you please, without turning into a blimp).

Once in a while I make these to take somewhere to share. We never just make a batch to sit in the fridge for obvious reasons. They would never sit!

Anyway, next time you have a craving for that perfect match, try this recipe out. Enjoy!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

1 plastic wrapped package graham crackers, crushed fine
1 lb. box powdered sugar
1 1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup butter, melted

Mix, press into a 9x13 pan.

Topping: Melt 12 ounces chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons butter and 2 1/2-3 tablespoons milk. Pour on top of peanut butter mixture. Store in refrigerator.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Mmmmmm... Looks delicious! I think I'll be testing this recipe out this week... thanks!

Robert and Tannya said...

So I was browsing around my favorite blogs minding my own business when I spot these. Yum. I am sure they will be on my menu for what to bake tomorrow. Miss you.

Tannya