Saturday, January 5, 2008

Dan Tyminski

Last night we went with some of our friends to see Dan Tyminski live at the Independent. Fairly recently I have begun to fall in love with bluegrass! One of our friends is quite the banjo player and has been introducing me to some great music. Over the summer we went to see Allison Krauss and her band Union Street Station at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley. I have liked AK for quite some time but only had one of her albums. Going to that concert sort of revived my interest in it and I have since purchased a couple more of her albums and just love listening to the sound. It is so different from my background of a more classical nature. Anyway, Dan Tymnski plays mandolin and guitar for her band and has his own band as well. Many of you may have heard him as George Clooney's singing voice in the movie "O Brother Where Art Thou?" (great movie if you haven't seen it). They were fabulous and so extremely talented. Bluegrass isn't just for hillbillies- I swear! Try it- you'll like it!


0 comments: