Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the best ice cream


Last week I went to Bi-Rite Creamery. I can't believe I've been missing out all this time! They were closing right as we arrived and we had to make a really quick decision. I chose the salted caramel without even really seeing my other options. I'll never look back. I think I'm in love (sorry David). It. was. so. good. I'm trying to mastermind the way I can get back there as quickly as possible. It tasted like really rich, super creamy, almost burnt sugar. Just the way I like it. The flavor was complex, sweet- but not too. A grain of sea salt every so often to bring out the flavors, and every once in a while- a small creamy nibble of caramel. Wow. I couldn't stop thinking about it for the next 24 hours.
Oh, and I love that they have little wooden ice cream spoons and biodegradable cups. And that their tasting spoons are REAL spoons. That they wash. And reuse. And that they use Strauss Creamery dairy products.

1 comments:

michelle said...

I know! I need to try that salted caramel flavor. But isn't Bi-Rite just heavenly? Whenever people ooh and ahh over Mitchell's, I always tell them that if they think that's good, head on over to Bi-Rite.

Jared claims their rocky road is the best he's ever had in his life. Oh, and when you have time head over to their market (it's just down the street) - they have a great selection of foodie items.